Re: Making some progress

To: mgb-V8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Making some progress
From: DickShaler@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:58:52 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks for all the replies  --  I just got back from some vacation time on the
north coast and when I checked my e-mail ther were lots of posts from other
kind of car lists but none from this one.  So I assumed all of you had
completed your conversions and were out zipping up and down the road
terrorizing Porsches,Corvettes and the like.  Guess I was wrong thank
goodness.
The conversion to CB from RB is not difficult if you can source the parts that
is bumpers and front wings and "boat" sections under the rear tail light.  The
kit should have most of what you need and the rest from the junkyard.  Of
course if the wings are in good shape you can modify the area around the
grille/turn signal light so that a CB grille will fit nicely.
There is also some cutting of the hangers for the rubber bumper brackets but
that is easily seen when those things are removed and again the kit should
have parts to fit the chrome bumpers
The ride height can be lowered by installing a set of lowering springs in
front and lowering blocks in the rear.  I think this is the easiest but not
the best way. Comments?
Roger Parker wrote a nice piece on the conversion which is on the net
somewhere.  MG Car Club site perhaps?
The newsletter should carry on quite well under Robin Weatherall.  He is very
knowledgeble and a good choice as editor  We will all miss Kurt though.  I
hope he remains active in the letter. subscribe through Kurt :  The MGV8
Newsletter, 1855 Northview Rocky River ,OH 44116.

  Dick