Re: Best source of Parts ? ---faq?

To: mgbv8@juno.com
Subject: Re: Best source of Parts ? ---faq?
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:26:11 -0800
Cc: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Larry,

I agree.  I've subscribed to Kurt's newsletter.  However, I'm not
presently budgeting for all the back issues.  My 'B V-8 is a
budget conversion, and those $5 here and there add up.  It's a
tough call.  All the info in those back issues or a water pump.

Which is one of the things I'd put on a FAQ, if I understood
correctly:   the $30 Buick 300 water pump will fit a 'B
V-8 conversion, and is $20 less than the ones from the
"specialty sources."  I am one of those guyw who has a
hard time spending more for the same part, just because its
for a "special" application.

Another reason I'd like to do a FAQ is to have something to point
new folks to.  A good resource for those who are serious, and
enough information to convince bozos (like that fellow on the
MG list who thought he could take a 300ZX engine, throw away
all the "emissions crap" and put a carb on it and get 300 HP)
that they aren't automotive engineers, and just maybe there's
a better way.

So far my reference library is the "How to...MGB V-8" book, a
subscription to Kurt's newsletter and an order for "Tuning
the Rover V-8."  I know I'm going to have to break down and get
something that details the fuel injection wiring, that's going
to be my big challenge, getting the hotwire system all working
correctly.  I'm hoping to do what I can to save money elsewhere
and sink it into doing the injection perfectly.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/