Buick 300

To: V8 list <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Buick 300
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 20:14:40 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Larry-

The 300 crank is a vital component of a stroker engine. If your long
range plans include a larger cc engine, this is a must unless you source
a long stroke Rover piece.

The 300 heads will fit a 215/3500 block, but lower the compression
substantially. They provide a less than ideal combustion chamber since
their diameter is larger than the stock bore. Again, if you plan a large
bore engine in the future, they may be valuable.

If no one one the list is interested, assuming you want to sell them,
contact Glen Towery or Dan Lagrue. Both of them build big 215's, and you
may be able to swap for other parts you need. Dan sometimes has Buick
bell housings.

E-mail me if you need phone numbers- both of them advertise in the V8
Newsletter

Jim

P.S.-  I need a Ford 8" center section approx. 3.5 ratio if anyone has a
source. Someone on the list said they could come up with one, but in the
last computer crash, I lost the info.