Buick 300 engine

To: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buick 300 engine
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:05:44 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
My plan for a V8 conversion continues.  Phase one will be a Buick/Rover
engine, Buick bell housing and a Borg Warner T5 5 speed transmission.

While hunting around for these components I have located a Buick 300
engine (cast iron block, aluminum heads, 2 bbl intake manifold).  I have
heard they are sought after for their heads, crank, and in some cases the
exhaust manifolds.

I am able to purchase this engine for a very reasonable price.  I was
wondering what the collective wisdom of this list is concerning this
engine.  Are the components of the engine worth having, even if they
don't play into my immediate plans?  Is there anyone out there interested
in any of the parts?

Larry Hoy (MGBV8@Juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (1/2 V8)