Re: [Mg-t] TD Generator Failure Cause...

To: <jfishbein@snet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TD Generator Failure Cause...
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:05:38 -0500
I got one of the Holcombe kits when they were being offered.  Mr.
Holcombe has since passed on, but the company still exists.  I had an
armature for my Austin-Healey that needed to be rebuilt, so got in
touch.  They rebuilt it just fine.  Do a search for Holcombe Armature
Company.  It comes up with Holcombe Direct or something like that.  Use
the "contact us" button and ask them about rebuilding yours.
Charlie

Bud Krueger wrote:
> Scott, you might take a look at http://www.ttalk.info/Holcombe.htm for
> a view of installing an armature from Holcombe.
>
> Bud Krueger
>
> S Allen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So I took apart the generator and it looks like the bearing cracked
>> which
>> allowed enough play in the shaft for it to beat itself to death.
>>
>> Two questions.  First Moss sells a "new" one, but I haven't had much
>> luck with
>> Moss electricals.  Does anyone have any thoughts?
>>
>> Second, if I shouldn't go with the Moss option, does anyone on the
>> list know a
>> place that does good, quality re-builds?
>>
>> Also, while I'm at it, does anyone know a place that does good, quality
>> distributor re-builds?  The BGT's is overdue...
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Scott Allen
>>
>> 52 TD
>> 74 1/2 BT
>>
>> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]