Re: [Mg-t] Thanks TD Broken axle

To: Douglas Ormrod <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Thanks TD Broken axle
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:34:26 -0700
Doug,

That sounds like a good way to snap an axle - I absolutely abhor those
speed bumps, but they can be smoothed right out if one can get one side
of the car off of them.  The best way, particularly with a 5.125:1
differential is to allow the car to roll backward a bit down a grade and
pop the clutch to catch it.  I've heard of more axles broken that way
than anything else and is why I always use the hand brake to hold the
car if I am stopped on even the slightest incline.

Cheers,
Dave