Re: barsalow@comcast.net

To: crownwhl@sover.net
Subject: Re: barsalow@comcast.net
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:07:27 -0400
Gene,
   Access to the back of the instrument panel is made easier if one
removes steering wheel. Then remove screws in the glove box and the
chrome oval-head screws on the dashboard  and pull the entire dashboard
back toward you.  It's good to have a helper for this as holding the
dashboard and working on it simultaneously is awkward.   Once the
dashboard is in your lap, switches come out more-or-less easily.
Caution-- The old bakelite is brittle.
   Y'know, on the cars with separate fuse holder & regulator (can't speak
to details of '57 TD, though) , connecting both fuses across the center
gap will give ignition.  It's not likely, but there could be some sort of
unintended connection happening in the fuse holder. There could also be
chafed wiring somewhere; it might not be the switch.
Bob