San Diego British Car Event - Ball Bearing Breaker Challenge

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net
Subject: San Diego British Car Event - Ball Bearing Breaker Challenge
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:23:38 -0800
Come one come all.

The Semiannual Ball Bearing Breaker Challenge
Rallye XXXVII has been set and is ready to go.

Here are the details:

Who: All Clubs in the British Car Club Council
(and anyone else who would like to come and have some fun)

When: Saturday January 20th

Time: Meet at 9am to 9:30am. First car out promptly
at 10 am. There is a restaurant here so breakfast
(or a quick coffee and danish) can be had before
you set off if you like.

Location: Milton's Delicatessen, Grill & Bakery,
2660 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, CA (TG 1187-H2)

Directions to get there: It is just of Highway 5 and Via De La Valle. It is in
the first shopping center to the East of 5, and on the North side of Via De La
Valle.

Cost: $10 per car. This is to cover the cost of the trophies that are given out
to the first, second and third place finishers. All food is left up to each
individual.

Last year's Rallye was truly FANTASTIC. Everyone that entered had a great time
and we explored some areas of San Diego that I had never been on before. I hope
that I can live up to the great effort and work that went into putting on last
year's event.

As an added incentive to bring everyone out to the Rallye, there are some very
nice raffle prizes to be given away. Each entrant (car) will be given a raffle
ticket, and there will be a random drawing at the end of the Rallye to select
the prize winners (so you don't have to win the Rallye to win a great
prize!!!).

It is highly recommended to have both a driver and a navigator on the Rallye
since there are clues and questions that need to be figured out and answered
during the course, but there have been single drivers in the past and no one is
excluded .

A little bit about the Ball Bearing Breaker Challenge Rallye. This is a timed
event BUT NOT A RACE. It is meant to be fun!!! Each entrant (driver and
navigator) get an instruction packet when you start. There are clues for
directions, so you will not know where the end point of the Rallye is. During
the Rallye, each entrant follows the directions and clues, and tries to answer
as many of the questions as possible.

The course has been mapped out, and driven (by ME) and a time has been
calculated as to how long it "SHOULD" take each participant to finish. The
approximate time is around an hour and ten minutes or so... enough to get the
car running nice and enjoy some great scenery. At the end, we all meet up and
at the finishing point for some fun. The times of each car are calculated, and
the points given for each correct answer for the questions within the packet.
The winner is the one with the most points.

Oh, for those people who may get a bit lost or mis-routed, a sealed envelope is
also given with the final destination (and a MAP). Also an emergency number of
my cell will be given out. I will have my trusty Map with me and I am sure to
be able to get you to the finish line no matter where you end up in San Diego
(hope you don't get so lost you end up in Arizona).

We hope to see a good turnout for the Rallye. Last year we had nine entrants
and I certainly hope that we can really break that number by a good 10 to 20
cars!!!!!!   If you have any questions please let me know.

Chris Zacker
email: czacker@pacbell.net
cell: 858-442-2940