Re: Exhaust bracket follow up - BSF rukles OK!

To: Douglas Ormrod <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Subject: Re: Exhaust bracket follow up - BSF rukles OK!
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:49:08 -0800
To all,

Of course Douglas' bombshell that the threads were 5/16 BSF (according
to Ed Woods) sent me directly to the basement to check a spare
transmission case that I have (after all, we have been assured for the
past how many years that all of the fasteners in the XPAG/XPEG engines
and the transmissions are all Nuffield Mad Metric).  Sure enough, the
threads for those two positions are 5/16 BSF, but ONLY for those two
positions,  the rest of the threads in the case are Mad Metric, with 8 X
1mm being the large majority of threads.  We now all have a great tidbit
of trivia regarding the TDs & TFs that will come in handy for winning
bar bets.  Thank you Douglas and Ed.

Cheers,
Dave