Re: Tight Brakes - Now I'm confused

To: "mg-t" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tight Brakes - Now I'm confused
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:39:59 -0500
I must say, I'm really tempted to grind a tiny bit out of the shoe slots
that the Micram adjusters fits in. It feels like the wheel is just a half
click away from turning freely. I've had drag before with new linings
(turning the wheel by hand), but the drag always disappeared after the first
drive.

BTW: Evidently the local brake shop is not too concerned about drag. The
last time I had brake work done on the family sedan, the mechanic told me
the brakes were a little tight. He said they might even smoke but don't
worry, just keep driving. I guess his theory is that, when
push-comes-to-shove, the pad/lining is going to wear down before the
rotor/drum melts. In other words - Let the drum do the Arcing.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361