Re: TD Slowdown

To: mgbob@juno.com, simoncorben@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: TD Slowdown
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:23:25 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/2004 6:29:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mgbob@juno.com writes:

> > I was driving up the highway at about 50 mph and all was well for
> > about 15 miles.  Then slowly the car began to slow down, and when I
> lifted my
> > foot off the gas the rear right brake felt like it was on.  The car
> wanted to
> > stop, but only on the right rear...also started getting a smell of
> burning
> > brake pads.
> >
> > I immediately pulled over and felt the hub, it was hot.  I checked
> > the hand brake to see if it was somehow pulled up, or stuck on, but it
> was

My Arnolt does this frequently on long trips....its always the right rear
brake that locks up.  I now carry a squirt bottle of water to help the drum
cool
down so I can be on my way again.  I attribute this to the exhaust pipe being
close to the brake line and to my use of silicone brake fluid.  I now have a
substitute brake master cylinder that I'm going to machine off .050 of the
piston which should eliminate the problem.
Terry in Oakland