MG History

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG History
From: "Simon Corben" <simoncorben@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:40:11 -0400
I'm wondering if anyone in the T community can help me uncover the history of
my recently purchased 52 TD.

I purchased the car from a Mr. Turn Wadleigh of Manchester, NH two years ago.
At the time I asked him if he knew who the previous owner was.  He indicated
he thought it was a Mr. George Emmanual from Dartmouth, MA.  Apparently Mr.
Emmanual owned a european car repair garage called "Euro-auto-house".  Neither
the business nor Mr. Emmanual can be found.

I was wondering if anyone may have known of this gentleman, or the garage, or
the car itself.

The car is a 52 TD body No. 12949 engine 13416.  The car is currently maroon
with black fenders, but at the time was most likely blue (as evidenced by the
blue under the gas tank).  The car has a distinctive blue and white MG emblem
on the radiator in place of the normal cracker and cream one.

I have already contacted the T-register and they have Mr. Emmanual listed as
the owner in 1970, but no phone numer or address.  This was before good
records were kept I guess.

Any help would be most appreciated.  I can also e-mail a picture if you'd like
off list.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,

Simon Corben
Plymouth, MA