Re: MGTF

To: rddell@mindspring.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGTF
From: Herald1200@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:30:22 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/2004 4:39:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rddell@mindspring.com writes:

I have owned my  right hand drive '54 MGTF 1250 for about 25 years. It's a
good solid car,  running and driving (at least till last year when last I
took it out of the  garage.) Never restored, it could use some work, although
I did replace the  entire brake system just a couple of years ago.

Financial situation may  force me to sell it. It's been a long time since I
have looked at prices.  Can anyone give me a place to go look for comparables
or a price  guide?

====

I just tried NADA's site _www.nadaguides.com_ (http://www.nadaguides.com)
and came up with the  following for a 1954 MG-TF1250 (using a North Carolina
Zip
Code, although I  doubt that matters much):

$13,000 (low retail); $21,500 (average); $27,800 (high retail). From their
descriptions of those value categories, I'd estimate these equal roughly the
Old  Cars Price Guides 4, 3 and 2 ratings, respectively. Of course, there is
the
 OCPG, and I seem to recall someone on this list who should be familiar with
that  guide. ;-)

--Andy Mace

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity.  I have erased this line."
-- Oscar Levant