The Register

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Register
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:11:45 -0400
In the course of this thread I've received an email from Hank Rippert
that, I think, shows the cause of the beginning of this thread.  As a
number of you have pointed out, NEMGTR (The Register) is a volunteer
organization.  Here's the typical routine as Hank explained it to me:
(I'm paraphrasing Hank's words)

All mail to The Register web site comes directly to Hank.
All Register regalia and book orders are processed at the end of every month
by the volunteer that receives all orders. Once the orders are processed,
they come back to Hank for distribution to the proper volunteer that fills and
ships these orders.

It's not difficult to see where this process can result in a two month
turn-around for an order.   However, The Register is being seen as another
Internet book dealer by the member who is placing the order. A member, just
seeking information, is apt to run into this same delayed response system.  I
don't think it's at all clear to a member that a book order may take two months
to fill.  Especially when it's a new owner of a TD looking for a copy of Horst
Schach's book so that he can work on his car

There must be a happy medium out there somewhere.

Bud Krueger
52TD
NEMGTR #9826