Lurker introduction.

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Lurker introduction.
From: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:32:49 EDT
    Hello T-Type list.
    My name is Eric, and ever since I was seven, I've wanted a MG-TC.
    It all started when I was given a (Scoolastic?)short story book in second
grade class about two young men who, coming over a hill in an American car,
saw in the back of a used car lot, a car that turned out to be a damaged
MG-TC.
    That was back in 1969, so you can tell I'm a relative YF.
    I remembered that story and the car, bought the 1/16 scale model, after
"adjusting the price" via price tag to bring it down to my price range. I'm
not proud of that act, but I remember I just had to have that model for some
reason.
    In the 7th grade I found "the red car"
    Read it countless times, that just fueled my desire (if you'll excuse the
pun) to someday own such a car.
    I've held that dream all these years, and am driving and restoring an MGA
right now. (it was closer to  my price range, I think the owners of a TC
would notice if I switched price tags on their car :-)
    Last year I was almost killed in a car accident. Recovering is a long and
sometimes tedious process, and I'm still not back to work yet. But when I get
there, I have a goal to save towards. I guess I'm figuring that having gone
though all this, I will reward myself by saving up for an MG-TC.
    I guess you could say it's my "dream car." And it's time to make that
dream come true, or at least start working towards it.
    So I'm lurking here and learning and saving information on the
maintaining of the car, so that I'll have a foundation of specialized
knowledge to work from when I eventually obtain the car. And when I get back
to work, I'll pick up the usual books on the car to aid me in the restoration
or preservation of the future vehicle.
    Just thought I'd introduce myself, and say hello to all of you.

Eric Peterson
59 MGA
70 MGB
65 V. W.  Panel Van