Re: TD real axle grear ratio

To: <Mailjbrown@aol.com>, <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TD real axle grear ratio
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:44:19 -0500
John,
MGA 1600 MK 2 had the 4.1 ratio and this will bolt into a TD/TF housing. A
gear set will cost about $200.00, possibly more as this ratio is relatively
rare. Installation is extra.
A 4.3 ratio is generally considered ideal for the average use TD with a
1250 cc block. I have a 1500 XPEG block and 4.3 ratio in my TD and could
probably pull the 4.1 ratio. Even a 4.3 ratio car will require some engine
power improvement to work satisfactorily.
Bob Grunau