Re: [mg-tabc] Fuel tank crud & rusting-out; possible ultimate solution?

To: <CFritz7001@aol.com>, <mg-tabc@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Fuel tank crud & rusting-out; possible ultimate solution?
From: "Mark McCombs" <loadcel4@infinet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:42:18 -0500
Carl-
Before I bought my TC, I looked at a TF where the guy did just that, ie, he
left his original tank in place but unused, and utilised a motorboat type
gas can, around 5 gal, that he could lift in and out of the area behind the
seats. He said he did it for reasons of gas going stale, that he could fill
his lawn mower up from it, get fresh gas in the spring, ect. But he probably
had had enough of the typical leaks and rust. Done correctly, it doesnt look
bad and puts the gas away from collision areas, BUT in the back of the
cockpit!
Regards
Mark McCombs
49 TC EXU