Re: Color Scheme

To: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Color Scheme
From: Jerry Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:10:57 -0800

"david.tinker" wrote:

> Hi Stuart,
> Its called a Sump!.
> All TDs had the engine,gearbox,cylinderhead,sump and gearbox lid etc painted
> red. The rocker cover was painted a silver grey-green colour, and all
> ancillaries such as starter motor, dynamo, air cleaner and the exhaust pipe
> were all black. The air manifold was left in natural aluminium, but the
> carburettor balance pipe was black.  The exhaust manifold was aluminized.
>
> Sorry cant help on a spec for the engine paint other than it is listed as
> Dark Red. Moss Europe have a 300ml aerosol spray can ref CCEP1.  I bought on
> then matched a larger quantity from it!.
>
> Good Luck
>
> David Tinker

I do not think the sump was painted. The trans. was red and the bell-housing
was not painted. The red color was Citron vermillon and MOSS spray paint
matches that color. I have rebuilt an original TC, a YA, YT, Tue, Jan 11, 2000
and a TF and all of them were the above colors. The paint colors were
documented a number of times by owners who bought the MGs new.

Jerry Felper