Re: Color Scheme

To: simbafish@home.com
Subject: Re: Color Scheme
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:52:03 -0500
Hi Stu,
  The sumps were painted the same red as the engine, probably painted
together when the engine was assembled.  There is a section on this in
the T-Series Handbook.
  Most people today leave them bright aluminium.  I painted mine red,
with the engine, and regret doing so.  It's an impressive, large chunk of
finned metal, and I much preferred its appearance when the original paint
had fallen off.
  BTW, while the sump is off, you have the opportunity to move the clutch
mechanism pivot bar from one side to the other, if the one on the
driver's side is worn.
Bob