Re: Chrome

To: felperg@earthlink.net, edunn757@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Chrome
From: Emgeeguy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:05:07 EDT
Everybody has their own favorites and choices, and I offer this for what it
is worth. I had my TD chrome done by Orange County Plating several years ago.
They did a lousy job on several pieces (buffed the logos out, etc.) , lost
some, and were much more expensive than the estimate, and took a lot longer.
I was very unhappy with them. For the TC, I went to Van Nuys Plating. They
did the job for within the estimate, took photos of each piece, didn't lose
any, and did a pretty good job. Again, however, platers tend to buff logos,
words out of the part, and there were a couple that Van Nuys did the same to.
However, I was not unhappy with them. I just had my NB and J2 parts done by
Van Nuys, and all parts came out very good. I will pick up radiator shells
tomorrow. They do not do repairs.
Maybe it's a crap shoot on who to go to. Master Plating in San Diego does an
excellent job, I understand, but are expensive. He quoted 3 to 4 times what I
paid Van Nuys for the NB/J2 parts.