Re: overheating TF

To: "Bob Peck" <bobpeck@mother.com>, "MG e-mail list" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overheating TF
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 08:08:05 -0700
Bob........

Did you gap the rings? If the end gaps are too small, the rings will bind
when they heat up.

What were the bearing clearances when you Plasti-gaged them? (I assume you
did?)

Did you have the block boiled out and properly de-scaled (shot-peening is
the favored method)? Did you make sure the transfer hole behind the rear
core plug in the side water gallery was clear? Did you - as good XPAG engine
builders recommend - duplicate that hole behind the front core plug in the
side gallery?

Are you positive the cam timing is correct? Where is the ignition timing
set? Were the carbs rebuilt and are you sure your needles are suited to the
3/4 cam?

Lotsa questions because there are lotsa possibilities!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center