Re: Hub puller for TD

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hub puller for TD
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:17:22 -0400
Steve, et al,

I just went through this when I did my TF brakes. I had a friend helping
who is also a mechanic. He got me a universal hub puller from Old Forge
Tools, I believe the stock number is 2519.

This is one beautiful instrument. 1" diameter hardened screw shaft, all
other parts of VERY heavy aluminum, a wheel and three arms that allow for
pulling any hub I can imagine and other uses. It made pulling those front
drums like pulling a hot knife through butter.

Cost was $119 (gasp, choke) but it should last a lifetime and then some. We
bought it through the tool supplier that comes around regularly, I don't
know where you'd get one off the shelf. I'll find out if anyone s interested.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC

P.S. Thanks to those who gave me the tips on my binding rear brake drums.
In fact someone had switched over to a later style retainer spring. I have
replaced with original. Problem fixed.