Re: poor brake pedal

To: "Breda O'Sullivan" <conbreda@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: poor brake pedal
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:37:38 +1100
Hi
De adjust the front brakes so the wheel cylinders are fully compressed
by the return springs. No need to do this on the rear. Attach a piece of
clear tubing the cylinder furtherest ( yes thats a word ) from the
master cylinder. This tube should be a couple of Metres long ( 6 feet,
why isn't the whole world metric) suspend this tube over a step ladder
or something, so it is higher than the car, open the bleed screw 1/4
turn and pump the pedal slowly up and down, watch the tube and and the
fluid rising in it, when there are no bubbles close the bleeder. work
back to the closest cylinder to the master cylinder, then re adjust the
front brakes. this works for me every time and you can do the job on
your own, and you see any bubbles coming up through the fluid in the tube.
Cheers
Larry
Austin Healey 100 Restoration Site
http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/