Replacing clutch on BJ7

To: healeys@autox.team.net (Healey List)
Subject: Replacing clutch on BJ7
From: ahy3000@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:14:51 +0000
All,

I'm attempting to build up my courage and replace my clutch this Fall.   I want
to confirm that I can pull this after removing the trans tunnel and prop shaft
WITHOUT pulling the engine.  I saw a thread about using two floor jacks sitting
on the floor pan to raise the tranny.

Are there any precautions from those who've done this (many times) before?  E.g
does the engine need to be supported from below?  Any "gotcha's"?

How about sources?  Was planning on Moss for the cover, pressure plate and
throwout bearing and alignment tool.  Anything else I should do "while I'm in
there"?

TIA

BW

--