bj8 smiths heater/ blower motor

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: bj8 smiths heater/ blower motor
From: "andy pole" <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:14:16 +0000
Hi everyoneI have just stripped my blower motor and when I pulled the motor
case apart bits (doh!) went everywhere, I rebuilt the top part in the
folllowing order;
top case , springs (on case securing bolts) , brush holder, plastic collars
against bottom half.
as soon as i tighten the case together the shaft locks and will not turn.
Have I got this in the wrong order or does the top ball shaped bush have to
sit between the collars in the top case (its currently just has the serrated
collar in the top case giving pressure onto the bush) . Any ideas, pics or
diagrams.
thanks in advance
Andy