Renovating BJ8 fan - treatment and choice of paint

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Renovating BJ8 fan - treatment and choice of paint
From: Alan F Cross <alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 02:22:17 +0100
Have an Listers any experience of renovating the original fan blades?

I'm tempted to have mine bead-blasted, but am concerned that this might
weaken the metal or the rivets, with potentially disastrous
consequences. Is this a no-no? Should I just rub down instead?

Then there's the question of paint colour. Anderson & Moment just say
'medium yellow'. The Hammerite smooth yellow is rather too bright.
Anyone know an accurate off-the-shelf aerosol spray (that I can get hold
of in the UK)?

TIA as always
--
Alan F Cross (BJ8 "Ginny")