RE: A deal that may be too good to be true

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A deal that may be too good to be true
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:21:13 -0700
Ebay cars are not all bad, but one does have to be careful and use all of
the information that is available to them.  Everyone who is interested in
buying a BJ8 off eBay should be aware that the BJ8 registry is aggressively
attempting to identify all of the BJ8s left in the world, and to document
some specific details of each car and to track its ownership history.  This
has proved to be a valuable resource in the past, more than once.

There are 5,934 individual cars worldwide now included in the registry
(33.5% of total production).  While a complete ownership record is not
available for all of them, of course, there is a lot of information in the
registry.  Contact me to see if I have any record of the car, such as the
one that was totaled in a rear-end collision, then appeared like new on eBay
about a year later, or the one that sold (legitimately) two years ago in
Missouri, and then last year in Boston, yet is now for sale at a great
price, including shipping, in France where it has been a treasured member of
the family for 40 years.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666