Re: Desperately need advice on painting my BN7 tri-carb

To: Austin Healey <ah62bn7@yahoo.com>, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Desperately need advice on painting my BN7 tri-carb
From: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:58:26 -0800 (PST)
Bob,

It's your car, you ultimately have to decide what you
like, but here's my opinion since you asked.

Painting the body anything but white will make it look
like a cheap restoration once the bonnet is opened. Dk
Blue will just scream against the white engine
compartment. Your car will be more valuable if it's
painted in its original color that will match the
engine compartment and frame.  If you wanted to do
something different, maybe you could look at some of
the pearlescent whites on high-end imports, they might
look ok against the frame and engine compartment.

Frankly, the car is so original it would be a shame
not to keep it in its original color.  On the other
hand, it doesn't sound like you are going to be happy
looking at that color every day.  If you really love
the dk blue, maybe you need to bite the bullet and
finish the whole car in the color you like.

Hope it works out

Rick

http://my.yahoo.com