Re: Oooom, cough cough cough, baahhhh - more carb problems

To: Big Sixer <healey@ledwith.com>
Subject: Re: Oooom, cough cough cough, baahhhh - more carb problems
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:21:10 -0600
Ryan,

I have noticed that some timing lights just don't run 100% at idle on
some engines.  It is not a positive indication of misfire. As an
experiment, temporarily reduce the plug gaps to .015" to .020" & see
what happens. If the ignition is weak this should help the situation &
make it run better. Just a clue, not a fix, unless the gaps are
presently too wide. .025" is standard.

A bad condenser can cause all kinds of strange problems. Easy to change.

Dave Russell