geez

Re: Print problems

To: "Ray Bastille" <rbastill@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Print problems
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:43:52 -0700
Hey Ray,

I haven't been into that part of the software in ages, which
is not to say it's impossible for me to have broken it.
(I'm a master at breaking stuff!)  But I can tell you that
it still works the same way that it always has on my HP 4000
printer.  The DeskJets are a completely different series,
but I've never had trouble with them before either.

Is it possible that another application changed the
printable area of the page, and that your printer or printer
driver is now trying to make everything fit on a page it
wasn't designed to fit?  Are there margin selections in your
driver?  And of course, I'm sure you've already re-booted
everything and tried again... (the Windows magic pill for
everything).

I don't have a super idea of what's going on, but with the
data shifted a bit on every other line it sounds like the
printable area is different on the printer than what the
driver expects.  Since it worked before there must be a way
to get it back in synch, but I'm not that good at the
specifics of DeskJet printers/drivers.

Let us know how it works out!

--Byron
  888-909-0818

Ray Bastille wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have had Geez now for a while (2yrs+) but just upgraded to the latest
> version 2.60 and am now having trouble printing runs from Geez. The printer
> is an HP 722C and works fine with my other apps. I have also been able to
> print items from the help section of Geez. The printout of a run looks like
> it is "out of sync" printing a line of data then shifting to the right then
> another line of data. Anyone have an idea what might be going on?
>
> Ray Bastille

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///