geez

Re: Is the G-Cube still offered seperate from Geez software?

To: "Daniel Cyr" <djcyr@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Is the G-Cube still offered seperate from Geez software?
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:32:14 -0700
Yes, we'll still sell the G-Cube by itself, but it's of
limited value.  If you are looking for a "companion cube" to
your original package, sure that'll work.  Also we do have a
white paper that we have shipped to users who needed the
G-Cube to do something really bizarre that our software
doesn't address.  For instance, an engineer working with an
America's Cup yacht team, a guy building packaging materials
who wanted to see G's transmitted through packaging
material, a guy wanting to test airplane propellers.  These
are applications that we don't exactly address.  The white
paper is available if you absolutely need to "roll your
own".  We've also sent the white paper to a windows CE
developer, who we know has a working prototype, but we don't
know if that means that we'll be able to offer it any time
soon.

--Byron

Daniel Cyr wrote:

> Well, I can't speak for Byron, but i'm pretty sure the cube is available w/o
> software. I plan on buying a 2nd cube in a month,  and i obviously dont wanna
> buy the software a 2nd time! Also, if your application isnt "racing" the
> software isnt too useful. He provided me a technical paper describing just how
> you use the cube in a general purpose way w/o thee geez software. I last
>talked
> to him in august over the phone. It was the work of an hour to write some
> software that calibrated it, and could measure g'ees. It would take months
> however to even begin to duplicate the functionality of the software as it
> applies for "racing"....
>
> If your application is racing, i suggest you get the software. If you know
> enough programming to be capable of writing useful software - then you'd know
> enough to prefer to buy it once you see it ;)
>
> If you're application is non-racing, or you're strictly interested in
>obtaining
> g measurements, AND you're a decent programmer (or willing to pay one) then by
> all means get a cube w/o software.
>
> dan

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list