geez

Re: Multi-Lap GEEZ Software now shipping

To: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Multi-Lap GEEZ Software now shipping
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 14:15:45 -0600
At 11:52 PM 2/3/01, Byron Short wrote:
>We are happy (thrilled would be more like it) to announce
>that the multi-lap version of GEEZ is now shipping!

Cool... just in time.

>This version wipes out the old 6-minute barrier, and now
>lets you record runs of up to 25 minutes on your Palm and
>download them into GEEZ.

Question:

         Anyone know how much memory space that 25 minutes
         of data will consume?

(I don't have any data on my Palm right now to try to
extrapolate from... I never really paid attention to memory
consumption.)

I just retired my wife's old Palm Pilot Pro... I was
considering dedicating it for Geez use.  But with only 1MB,
I wonder how much data it will hold.

>  Once there, GEEZ will help you set
>up the file as multiple laps so you can easily page through
>the laps, and compare several laps from the same run to each
>other.

Cool!
Does it have any features to utilize the fact that its doing
multiple laps to auto-adjust the map to get them to line up?
That would seem to be possible, though perhaps not particularly
easy.  Just wondering.

>   E-mail on this trip
>may be sporadic as I'll be driving pretty much all the
>time.

Hope you're having fun?

Brian

///