geez

Re: End speed too slow

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: End speed too slow
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:00:07 -0700
Putting the end speed slider all the way to one end is a change of
0.100, not 1.000.  So it's not as huge a problem as it might have first
looked, but it's still a rather unusual situation.

I do agree that a bad battery can cause this, and would suggest a
battery change if you have any reservations at all about the battery.

Barring a battery problem, I would think that we have an installation
error, where the G-Cube moved, or that we pressed AutoStart with the car
facing uphill, or something similar to that.  However, it would take a
pretty good angle of hill, about 5.7 degrees of slope, to account for
this much adjustment.  That's a lot of slope, but not unheard of at all.
 The worse "hills" on the old Salina course were approaching that, I'd
say.

The difference where one of you needs a end speed adjustment up and one
needs an endspeed adjustment down, can be several different
possibilities.  The easiest would be that one of you is gridded facing
up hill and one facing downhill.  Another would be that you are both
gridded the same, but one of you drives with considerably more oversteer
than the other.  We've discussed how oversteer makes the calculated
speed increase more than it should before, so I won't revisit that
again, unless someone asks.  But this is definitely a driving technique
difference which can certainly induce the symptom you are talking about.

--Byron