geez

Re: A few questions...

To: Brian Meyer <bm@gte.net>
Subject: Re: A few questions...
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:35:55 -0700
Hi Brian,

I've snipped out your excellent description of how speeds tend to creep
upwards in oversteering vehicles over the length of the run, but it's
very accurate and very well done!  Usually these are pretty small
differences, but over time they can amount to quite a bit of error in
mph.  I've seen finishes that GEEZ calculated at 100mph+ which were
actually only about 40mph!  But as you said, GEEZ gives you the tools to
straight it all out.

About that part, however, I think I can offer you a little assistance.

If you have one section of the course that doesn't look right, mark off
that one section by clicking on the start of the block, then holding
down shift, and clicking on the end of the block.  When you release the
shift button you'll see the block is high-lighted.  Now press the
Adjustment button on the speedbar.  This will take you into a Range
Adjustment so you can change the shape of just this one part of the
course...without affecting any other part.

Experiment with this a little bit, and you'll quickly learn how to make
even a challenging map look good.

--Byron