fot

[Fot] Teardown post-modem on my Kas Cup early exit

To: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Teardown post-modem on my Kas Cup early exit
From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:07:54 -0700

--e89a8ff2518ef980f404e73d5393

After the first tranny failed on Friday, I spent most of the rest of that
day and saturday replacing the diff and tranny.  Got it going a little late
for the Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could have run it as I would hav
gotten a better startig positionin the K Cup.]

As part of the swapping tranny process I have to replace the linear throw
out bearing.  Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing this, as I
failed to tightent he lower left bolt.  This allowed tranny fluid toeasily
escape.  By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew  I would not make it to
the end so exited at turn 5.

Car and new clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now back and
ready for me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track called "The
Ridge" in Shelton, WA.  This is a great new track and if you can get a
chance, it is a must run.  Has a down hill very similar to the corkscrew at
Laguna.

Rain is predicted.  I have run two races in the rain this year -- first one
at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my only "podium". Second one at
Mission in Canada I got greedy, tried a pass I should not have and ended up
spinning and wiping the front end off the car. It was a good lesson.  I
really understand the value of true rain tires now [used in first rain
race, not in the second].

--e89a8ff2518ef980f404e73d5393

 most of the rest of that day and saturday replacing the diff and tranny.=
=A0 Got it going a little late for the Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could =
have run it as I would hav gotten a better startig positionin the K Cup.]=
=A0 <br>

ar throw out bearing.=A0 Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing thi=
s, as I failed to tightent he lower left bolt.=A0 This allowed tranny fluid=
 toeasily escape.=A0 By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew=A0 I would =
not make it to the end so exited at turn 5.<br>

=A0<br>Car and new clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now ba=
ck and ready for me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track calle=
d &quot;The Ridge&quot; in Shelton, WA.=A0 This is a great new track and if=
 you can get a chance, it is a must run.=A0 Has a down hill very similar to=
 the corkscrew at Laguna.<br>

year -- first one at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my only &quot;po=
dium&quot;. Second one at=A0 Mission in Canada I got greedy, tried a pass I=
 should not have and ended up spinning and wiping the front end off the car=
. It was a good lesson.=A0 I really understand the value of true rain tires=
 now [used in first rain race, not in the second].<br>

--e89a8ff2518ef980f404e73d5393--

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive