fot

Re: [Fot] Our weekend at the Track Formerly Known as Mosport

To: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Our weekend at the Track Formerly Known as Mosport
From: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:00:52 -0400
Great attitude. I get the same prize money at 17th as the guy in first; zip,
nada, nuthin'. And I've had some great dices with guys in my speed group.
BTW, I got a second place medal at the Glen last weekend. 2nd in my group.
(Only 2 in my group, CP, but don't tell anyone!). John Hasty was 1st in EP,
a second or so in front of me, and I was a bit in front of his friend Shea
Brown in a Fiat. Shea and I had a blast in a couple races! Great fun.
KISS. No, not the band from the 70's, but a good mindset. When I go to a
race, I want to drive, but also like to spectate and schmooze with others,
not work on the car all the time. And I'm having fun.
A wise man told me a few years ago that it's a lot cheaper and probably more
fun to run towards the back of the pack than up front. Good advice. Thanks
Joe!
Next weekend Mid Ohio; anyone else going?
Cheers, Bill