fot

[Fot] Our weekend at the Track Formerly Known as Mosport

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Our weekend at the Track Formerly Known as Mosport
From: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:07:09 -0400
We had quite a gaggle of Triumphs running this past weekend at the Canadian
Tire Motorsports Park, and everybody ran well and had enjoyed the weekend.
The new owners of the track have made many improvements, including paving
the runoff areas of turns 1, 2 and 5 all the way back to the tire walls. Big
safety improvement.

This was my third weekend running my yellow car with the For Sale sign and
an engine built with a stock bottom end. I checked my records, I ran less
than 1.5 seconds off my best time with the full blown race engine, and I
know there was more time there. On the Saturday race I was having some great
fun with an MGB-GT and a Volvo but we got stuck behind a 911 that was
dog-slow in the corners but really fast in a straight line. I was the first
of the 3 of us to get by and make it stick, but with only 2 laps to go.
Sunday morning everybody packed up because of the weather, but everybody had
a great time.

I am enjoying the heck out of running this way, and am still amazed how
little time is bought spending huge dolllars with the likes of  Moldex and
Carillo! This is going to make a great starter car for somebody...

Also noteworthy was Michael Moore, our newest TR4 driver, ran Mosport as his
second event ever. Just like at Summit Point, he did extremely well. Good
show, Mike!

Henry
yellow04@tr4racer.com
fot@autox.team.net