fot

Re: Overdrive Setup for Racing

To: Peter Vucinic <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Setup for Racing
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:19:42 -0500
Peter,
The hole in the seat for the operating valve is 1/4 inch diameter, so the force
exerted by 650 psi of pressure is about 3 lbs. I believe the spring is rated at
5 or 6 lbs.  Going from 450 to 650 increases the force required from about 7 to
8 lbs.  You might check your spring and whether you have something binding
somewhere, like a bent rod?