fot

Re: TR4A plugs

To: cak@dimebank.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A plugs
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:02:26 EDT
 Sorry if this is a duplicate FOT friends. Some did not receive text first
time..(Let me know if you got this Chris!! and thanks..)

You wrote .......

To: fot@autox.team.net

<<Someone was recently telling me that Bosch plugs have a slightly
different thread form (round vs sharp?) that can cause plug blowouts.
His experience is the other way around, running non-Bosch plugs
in German engines. Just something to keep in mind ...

<<I'm very very happy with NGK plugs, run them in everything I can.
My street 4A uses BP6EH (except the one hole that's got really
bad oil fouling, where I run BP5EH, a little hotter). You might
want BP7EH for your higher compression. May be tough to find,
but worth looking. Try a marine supplier - those long nose NGK
plugs seem to be popular for some sort of marine engine.

<<Champions have a bad habit of failing even when new out of the box,
at least for me.

FOT'rs....I have never failed a Champion plug in over 30 years!! But I have
thrown away at least 30 bad NGK's from other member's cars I have had to work
on over the last ten years. And would never consider paying the price for a
Bosch when the Champions work so well..... although the old numbers are
getting hard to find for the race car

Curious how different our experiences have been. Maybe NGK ships their
seconds to the West coast and vice versa. SMile.

Bill Burroughs, 70TR6, 68 TR250, 65TR4A(Racer), 73 MKIV Spit, 69 GT6+, 55
Bird, 89 Ford Dually, 98 SHO, 95 Chrysler Cvt, 73 Olds and Honda
scooter.....and all use Champions.