Re: [Roadsters] Fuel system problem

To: pscowboy9@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fuel system problem
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:03:04 -0500
Steve,

Welcome back.

All the previous replies are good, but I spotted something different in
your post. You say you replaced the gasket on your gas cap. By any
chance did you change out the gas cap to one from a 69 or 70 car? The
earlier gas caps are vented, while the 69 and 70 caps are not. If you
did, you would draw a bit of vacuum when you use the fuel.

Did you find the fuel filters inside the banjo bolts on each carb? A lot
of folks don't know they are there and they never get cleaned.

I think the pressure gauge will show you which way to go on this one.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Steven Burton:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443