[Roadsters] Fuel system problem

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Fuel system problem
From: Steven Burton <pscowboy9@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:29:56 -0700 (PDT)
I'm new to the list (well, belonged to it a few years ago) and I need some
help.  I've got a 66 SPL that has a fuel problem.  both SU carbs have been
rebuild, the mechanical pump has been replaced, I've got a new fuel filter and
my tank, replaced the seal on the gas cap and lines appear to be clean,
however, I'm don't seem to be getting a good supply of fuel to the carbs.  I'm
also having an issue with vapor lock for the first time since I've owned the
car.

the car will drive fine for a while then just stall out from lack of fuel or
will vapor lock when I shut off the engine.  As you can see above, I've gone
over everything in the fuel system I can think of with no luck.  This all
started after doing two projects on the engine.  Replacing the distributor and
rebuilding the carbs.

Steve