Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop sunroof idea, whadya-think

To: <ljordan704@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop sunroof idea, whadya-think
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:57:29 -0400
Hi Linda and list,
Mine is still in the "damn, how can I make this work" stages. I have the
back part all figured out for my design, the back end "floats" above the
roll bar by about 4". It's kinda cool actually. It keeps about the same
shape as the stock soft top instead of being flat on top and rattling in the
wind like a sheet.
The "whittling a front bow out of wood" idea didn't work out as well as I
thought it would. Mostly because it's a lot of friggin work. What we need is
a Front Bow project. If someone could create several hundred of THOSE, we'd
all be able to make our own designs for tops, and have a BLAST showing them
off!!! If this happens... we need High Window/3 latch ones first!!! LOL!
I'll scan some of my drawings/pix in the next week or two and post a link. I
had WAY "too much time on my hands" when I was off work for chemo!! LMAO!
For those who know me; that is (of course) a Styx reference.
Matt