Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop sunroof idea, whadya-think

To: Oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop sunroof idea, whadya-think
From: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
hi everyone
here is how i did it.
i used the front bar and clamps from the soft top frame.  i took that and my
car to the top man (one of those guys mentioned at the end of one of the
Indiana Jones films....), with my low roll bar in place.  he attached soft top
material to the front bar as if for any convertible top.  then he stretched
material to the roll bar, where he attached 8 or 10 snaps.  the top pulled to
the bar nicely, and was open on all sides.  it was white.
i'm 6'3" and my seats were worn.  still i had to slouch quite a bit not to make
a tent with my head as the post.  but it was WAY better than sitting directly
in the socal sun.
i have since installed an autopower rollbar, and removed the windshield, hence
all the "past-tense."  look for my old top on fergus' car sometime soon.
675MIZU