Re: [Roadsters] Stock versus modified

To: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>, Regular Roadster List
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Stock versus modified
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 05:03:52 -0700 (PDT)
I like originality also, but I do drive my car,
sometimes on long trips, and for the sake of
drivability and dependability, I have the Gary Boone
dizzy, the GM Alternator and a modern battery, among
other cheap and dependable modifications, but with the
knowledge that they can all be put back to original
quickly and without a lot of fuss.  (The series 53
batteries just became tough to find, and too expensive
for what you get.) I refuse to replace bulbs with
Everwing etc, but they can be found, I suppose. I will
probably someday go back to bone stock,(and repair my
minor rust) but in the meantime, it is a relatively
stock but dependable driver.  Each to his own.  If
they all had to be stock, we would not have many
around, and the parts would be impossible to get.

Mike SC
'66 1600 (Jessie)