Re: [Roadsters] alt bracket

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] alt bracket
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:36:47 -0600
Tim,
Here's how I mounted a GM one-wire to my 1600 stroker using a smog bracket,
and a fabricated bracket made from a 1/8" x 1 1/2" steel bar with 3 holes
drilled in it. I had the same concerns as you and thought this was the
easiest solution to provide additional support on the front of the
alternator.

I used a long Grade 8 bolt going through the alternator and brackets. This
also required roughly a 1/2" worth of spacer / washers on the lower mounting
and a slight re-bending of the adjustment arm to make all the pulleys line
up.

some pictures:
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2078345820101536403hnwfSt

Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5speed