Re: comment and question

To: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>,
Subject: Re: comment and question
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:53:13 -0500
Back when this thread was started, I did a sketch of a concept for a trunk
mount.
www.mildevco.net/3rd_light_sketch.jpg Uses a thin AL bracket, a JCWhitless
LED strip, and a flat ribbon cable scarfed from an old computer, printer,
etc.  The LED strips are very light, intended to be mounted with
double-sided tape.  This approach would require no drilling.

Another option, if you're not opposed to drilling small hole(s) in the deck
http://www.mildevco.net/3rd_bondo.jpg
lay down some masking tape on the deck, just ahead of the trunk, and mix &
dump a long glob of bondo on it.  The tape will protect the paint, and let
you remove the glob.   The glob will now have a curved bottom surface that
matchest the body contour.   Cut, sand, file, etc. the bondo to a shape for
mounting the LED. Drill two holes at right angles for the wires.  The mount
can be attached with either more DS tape, or with a couple of small tapping
screws.