Re: Odyssey PC925L

To: Patrick Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Odyssey PC925L
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 10:57:37 -0500
> Pat Horne
>
> I will soon be in the market for a new battery and, from the information
> I have seen on the Odesessy battery, am considering getting one, but
> wonder how will it will hold up to the heat. I think most tuners
> relocate their batteries out of the engine compartment. Has anyone on
> the list used one of these batteries for extended periods in high
> temperature environments?

If you don't want to move the battery, how about building a simple topless
box to shield the worst of the heat? If the batteries are smaller, which I
think they are, you could even add a layer of the thin aluminized sheet
insulation available at Home Depot, etc.

Since our 2000 is currently sans floor padding or carpeting I'm going to put
some of that stuff on the driver's side of the tranny tunnel which gets VERY
hot. Maybe I can help that some when I get the exhaust redone in the next
few weeks.

FWIW,
Ron