update on 67 project

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: update on 67 project
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:04:54 -0700
Some good progress was made over the last week or so.   After getting
the car back from the strip shop, I had the fun job of getting media out
of every possible crevice and hideaway.  A ton of blowing  and vacuuming
and it was finally clean.   A coat of self-etching primer was next.
After a bit of looking and research, I decided to use a product called
Quiet Car for insulation.  It is from a company called Quiet Solutions
and it is a visteo elastic polymer (whatever that means).  It goes on
with a spray gun I purchased from them as well.  It comes in 1 or 5
gallon cans and is the consistency of elmer's glue or maybe a bit
thicker.  I used 2 1/2 gallons covering the inner front fender area,
cockpit, trunk and doors.  There is a noticeable difference in sound and
feel after it cures over sevaral days.  I don't plan on using anything
else such as adhesive mats, etc.  Finally, I cut out the front rocker
caps and fabbed some replacements.  Thanks to the guys who have posted
this fix on the web.  Sorry for being longwinded.  Check out pics at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tewbert

cheers,
Gary Tew
Phoenix, AZ