RE: Changing tranny / diff oil tips?

To: "'John Friederich'" <j.f@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Changing tranny / diff oil tips?
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:53:55 -0400
Hi John,

Word of caution on that redline stuff. Make sure you have new seals or
that Redline will leak out ever so slowly. And even if you do have new
seals be prepared to check your level after 100 miles or so and
routinely after that just to make sure. I put new seals in my race box
and tried the redline and when we opened the box later on after I kept
popping out of 4th the box was empty. Never saw a leak or damp spot on
the ground or trailer and never heard any funny noises. Back on dino oil
now.

Tom