Re: highest price for a roadster???

To: Keith0alan@aol.com
Subject: Re: highest price for a roadster???
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:09:47 GMT
I agree, do the car because you love it and drive the hell out of it!
Greg Burrows
67 2000 #588

-- Keith0alan@aol.com wrote:
IMHO, if you do a proper job you will never be able to sell the car for  what
you have invested in it. That is unless you hold onto it and the prices  rise
over the years. Something most folks don't know. We've all seen those shows
where they custom build/restore a car or motorcycle and then sell it for big
bucks. Those high profile, big bucks shops just about break even on the
vehicles. Where they make money is selling parts to other builders and t-shirts
fans. SEMA does a market survey. They found that the most money in the
aftermarket parts business is made on t-shirts. So, do it cause you love it,
accept that you will spend bunches of money and time, and enjoy the ride.

keith
In a message dated 3/27/2005 4:40:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,